Industrial Forklift Operator
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking an Industrial Forklift Operator to join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, OR.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
This position is responsible for loading and unloading pipe, raw materials, coils and other materials required by the facility.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Safely handles pipe and other materials with 36,000 to 65,000 pound capacity lift.
- Able to safely estimate weight and center of load when handling material with a complex geometry.
- Able to rig loads with slings when necessary
- Completes daily checks of equipment.
- Counts and marks all materials.
- Operates forklift in a safe manner.
- Participates in all inventories.
- Loads and unloads paint materials.
- Performs other duties as needed by the Spiral, Fab, and Machine Paint Supervisor.
- Conducts STOP audits.
- Follows ISO procedures
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 months experience operating a minimum of a 36,000 lbs capacity lift.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.