Industrial Forklift Operator
Salt Lake City, UT
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Forklift Operator to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in Salt Lake, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under ongoing supervision, loads and unloads large concrete products and accessories onto flatbed trucks and trailers. Employee may be asked to load or unload other materials as required by the facility.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Loads materials and equipment safely and efficiently on vehicles.
- Unloads materials and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Moves product, materials, and equipment safely.
- Prepares vehicles and equipment for loads.
- Cuts materials in a safe manner to ensure safe transport of product and equipment.
- Counts and marks all materials.
- Operates forklifts, cranes, and other heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Participates in all inventories.
- Performs other duties as needed by the Shipping Supervisor.
- Conducts safety audits.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read preventive maintenance sheets and instruction manuals.
- Writes weekly preventive maintenance reports.
- Uses verbal communication skills on the radio and in working with Laborers, other drivers, and associates from other departments.
- Reads pipe numbers and other markings, including fractions, tape measure, calculates peak loads and rigging loads.
- Operates forklifts, spreader bar, grease gun, and gas pump.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.