Industrial Equipment Mechanic II
CA - Adelanto
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Industrial Equipment Mechanic II to join our Northwest Pipe team in Adelanto, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The IEM is responsible for diagnosing, repairing and maintaining industrial equipment for a 100-acre facility.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Follows all safety and company policies / procedures and promotes a safe culture.
- Confers with operations and observes, tests and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts and aligns components of machinery and equipment.
- Fit bearings, shafts, attach motors and connect and align couplings and belts to precise tolerances.
- Performs pipe fitting of both threaded and welded pipe of various sizes.
- Fabricates replacement parts.
- Test-run repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment and machinery.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage and/or excessive wear.
- Logs/records repairs and maintenance performed.
- Rigging and overhead crane operation, lifting device use and inspection and load calculations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance and performance of the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to problem solve, multitask and work independently with attention to detail.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work against and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in the operation, troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic blueprints or schematics.
- Understanding of overhead crane trouble shooting and repair.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Some knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word and Outlook.
- SAP knowledge preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and/or training as an industrial mechanic in a similar environment.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.