TX - Houston
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We are searching for an Industrial Diesel Mechanic to join our ParkUSA team in Houston, Texas.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to $5,000 per year Company Scholarship Program for Dependents
- Up to $175 per year Safety Footwear and Eyewear Reimbursement (Available Day 1 of Employment)
- Optional Additional Life, AD&D and STD Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free On-Site Refreshments
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under supervision perform mechanical maintenance and preventative maintenance work. Diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems, diesel engines, and industrial plant equipment. Coordinate with other maintenance personnel and production crews as needed. Work on special projects with other mechanics and the Distribution Manager.
Essential Functions and Major Responsibilities
- Inspects and repairs vehicles with diesel engines and heavy equipment
- Handles routine repairs, including oil and tire changes
- Interprets diagnostic test results accurately
- Writes detailed inspection reports and repair plans
- Collaborates with other diesel mechanics
- Presents reports and plans to clients for approval
- Advises clients on repair options and costs
- Completes test drives to make sure the vehicle runs correctly
- Uses power, machine, and hand tools safely
- Follows all motor vehicle repair shop safety standards and processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written, and have basic communication skills; interpersonal, written, and verbal, for dealing with all levels and associates, and reading instruction and parts manuals.
- Must have a basic knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, or electronics.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to complete tasks without supervision
- Must be able to operate the following tools and equipment:
- Hand tools
- Mobile and stationary equipment in the plant.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, additional technical education and/or training is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of Production Manufacturing maintenance support is preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.