Industrial Coatings Program Manager
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking an Industrial Coatings Program Manager to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in Orem, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
This role will develop a program for coatings used in Lined Product manufacturing at the Orem plant. Programs will maximize safety, quality, schedule completion, environmental aspects, and costs. This role is also a significant resource for engineering and sales. Must embrace and support core values of Accountability, Commitment and Teamwork (ACT).
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth training program to ensure employees learn the proper techniques in applying coatings products.
- Conduct hands on training with identified employees to ensure efficient productivity and the highest quality standards are met.
- Develop safety standards in conjunction with our S afety Manager to ensure employees are fully trained in the required PPE and safe use of all chemicals and products utilized.
- Look for ways to streamline manufacturing process and discover cost savings.
- Continuously monitor the activities of all Product Lining employees to ensure they are following established safety rules.
- Develop a policy to ensure chemicals are stored or disposed of properly following MSDS sheets and NWP environmental guidance.
- Create a training process and method of measurement for Quality standards in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
- Create a critical parts list.
- Collaborate with other departments to accomplish projects or tasks.
- Provide guidance, knowledge, and past experiences as a subject matter expert for the engineering and sales department as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of all products, processes, and chemicals used in the Lined Products department.
- Ability to be a trainer, teacher, and advisor on these products.
- Understand general plant safety procedures.
- Be responsible for training production in output, product quality, and on-time delivery.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste; implementing action plans when needed.
- Develop systems and processes to track and optimize productivity, quality, KPI, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Ability to effectively present information and work with all levels of Geneva Pipe and Northwest Pipe employees.
- Ability interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent communications, relationship-building, and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills necessary (MS office suite).
- Minimum 5 years plant or business operations, plant engineering or manufacturing experience in the products used in this department.
- Expert level knowledge of liquid industrial coating applications.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.