Hydro Bell Operator I – Hydro Test
TX - Saginaw
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Hydro Bell Operator I- Hydro Test to join our Northwest Pipe team in Saginaw, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under limited supervision, assists with Hydro testing prep and sizing of pipe.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Preps pipe for testing.
- Assists in operation of expander.
- Operates overhead crane.
- Inspects pipe for leaks.
- Operates Hydro machine.
- Completes proper documentation.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Trains and assists helpers and laborers.
- Marks pipe.
- Ensures ISO procedures are followed.
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance and performance of the essential functions
- May inspect bevels and landing on pipe.
- Assists in finishing floor operation as needed.
- Performs general housekeeping.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
HYDRO BELL OPERATOR I – this level of Operator is responsible for setting up end prep for all pipe products, and will grind and inspect product to fit specifications. The operator will also operate a crane used to move pipe products. Individuals in this position operate, work with and are around large industrial equipment. Training is provided and duties are routinely carried out under close supervision; however, close supervision is not always available for routine and repetitive tasks, and these tasks can be carried on without difficulty once they are learned. As work experience is gained, employee may be assigned to more advanced tasks that include more responsibility.
HYDRO BELL OPERATOR II – this level of Operator is responsible for performing duties described for a Hydro Bell Operator I in End Prep, and must be cross-trained to work in the Hydro Department. The qualifications and experience of this level of operator must be at an intermediate to advanced level. Duties are carried out under limited to close supervision. As additional work experience is gained, the employee may be assigned to tasks that are more difficult in nature and require more responsibility. Employees in this position may be responsible for providing on-the-job training (OJT) to new employees.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.