OR - Portland
Steel Pressure Pipe
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking an HR Generalist to join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, OR.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
We are looking for a HR Generalist for our Portland, OR facility. This includes the development of localized recruiting strategies for each location as needed. This position will be required to carry out a broad range of human resources responsibilities under the direction of our Corporate office while providing strong customer service support to the employees at the facility.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Administers various human resources policies and procedures for plant personnel.
- Supports the implementation of HR strategies, programs, and initiatives to enable the achievement of short and long-term business objectives.
- Benefits administration to include assisting employees with the completion of enrollment in benefit plans, accessing services/benefits via online or web based service tools as well as administering annual open enrollment and employee benefit education programs.
- Maintains and files electronic and paper personnel records, updates Human Resources Information systems (HRIS) and other HR records. Process new hires and terminations, and initiate paperwork for same. Prepares a variety of monthly, quarterly and annual HR reports and maintains confidentiality of employee records.
- Coordinates and manages employee leaves of absence and assists with COBRA administration for plant employees.
- Maintains and coordinates annual revisions of the plant’s affirmative action plan; assures accurate maintenance of the applicant tracking system, maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to federal regulations.
- Researches and responds to unemployment claims.
- When temporary agencies are utilized, monitors service level agreements for compliance, verifies affirmative action outreach efforts are conducted, appropriate applicant tracking is conducted, and reviews performance on a regular basis using metrics such as productivity, turnover etc.
- Assists managers/supervisors in performance management and administering employee corrective action.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for exempt and non-exempt personnel and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; develops and revises job descriptions, writes and places job postings, participates in job fairs/outreach efforts as needed.
- Administers compensation programs in compliance with company policies. Coordinates compensation changes with corporate human resources staff as directed, seeking input and approval as appropriate.
- Coordinates with Plant Safety Manager to administer workers’ compensation benefits, claims review process and the return to work program.
- Approachable and accessible to employees in their work areas (and in private) to identify employee problem areas, moral issues, and offer feedback and/or follow ups as needed.
- Handles employee relations and exit interviewing.
- Investigates and resolves routine employee relations issues.
- Deployment of HR mandatory training initiatives, including training plant personnel on various subjects.
- Participates in plant and HR staff meetings and attends seminars and professional development activities.
- Processes payroll and inputs related timekeeping data into KRONOS as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance and performance of the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related field (i.e., Business, Human Resources, Social Sciences) or equivalent work experience.
- Two plus years of human resources generalist experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, to include benefits, leave and compensation administration, recruitment, and AAP/EEO/ADA compliance.
- Senior Generalist:
- Five plus years of human resources generalist experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, to include benefits, leave and compensation administration, recruitment, and AAP/EEO/ADA compliance.
- Three plus years of Oregon human resources experience.
- One or more years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with UKG (formerly Kronos) desired.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.