TX - Houston
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our Northwest Pipe team in Houston, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This role is responsible for assisting the Park USA engineering team in reviewing drawings, editing designs, tracking design changes, calculating cost projections, and resolving BOM issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze civil and plumbing plans and specifications to understand project requirements and identify Park USA’s engineered product scope.
- Assist in preparing project design for assigned engineered projects and products.
- Modify and track design changes for new and existing Park USA products in conjunction with the Lead Design Engineer.
- Prepare and review project specific CAD drawings.
- Review and assess vendor proposals.
- Develop comprehensive cost estimates for engineered products in collaboration with production and purchasing personnel
- Assist in submittal preparation, submittal approval from Engineer and review production drawings.
- Prepare and review bills of material (BOMs) for SAP material ID, description and quantity accuracy.
- Co-ordinate with operation and resolve any BOM issue during production transactions.
- Communicate with project sales representatives, engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality on any design related questions and/or issues.
- Support Engineering team and sales staff as needed
- Keeps the organization’s interest in mind at all times.
- Assist with project work as directed by Engineering Department Manager.
- Comply with all Park USA policies, procedures, and guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to read, write and speak in English language.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to function in a fast paced growing role and department.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work with sales, engineering, and production teams to turn projects over in a timely manner
- Possess a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to review project plans as needed.
- Help estimate project timelines based on tasks given to help track project efficiency.
- Must be able to assist management with production problems & develop sound solutions.
- Must be able to receive & execute verbal and written instructions and document instructions in organized manner.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering from accredited university.
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a professional environment, manufacturing preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Standing/Sit: Remaining upright in a stationary position, particularly for sustained periods.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling to type.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Walking: Moving about to accomplish tasks, particularity for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Communicating: Expressing or exchanging ideas and information accurately, in written or diagram form.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers such as moving a mouse and typing.
Up to 2/3 of the time:
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm to operate a mouse, phone, computer, and other office machines.
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Kneeling/Crouching: Position self to look under or around equipment or areas of production
- Stooping: Positions self to lift items off the floor.
- Reaching: Grabbing things from a distance above or from the side.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects from position to position.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Over 2/3 of the time the worker is required to have:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Up to 2/3 of time the worker is required to have:
- Distance vision (clear feet at 20 feet or more)
- Ability to adjust visual focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions throughout their day: activities occur inside the office environment and outside in production or the yards.
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Moderate noise to loud noise when in production
- Quiet conditions when working in the office
Personal Protective Equipment is required when in the Plant, Yard or Construction Areas:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Steel-toed Boots
- Hearing Protection
- Reflective Vest
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.