TX - Houston
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our ParkUSA team in Houston, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
This role is responsible for assisting the Park USA engineering team in reviewing drawings, editing designs, tracking design changes, calculating cost projections, and resolving BOM issues.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Analyze civil and plumbing plans and specifications to understand project requirements and identify Park USA’s engineered product scope.
- Assist in preparing project design for assigned engineered projects and products.
- Modify and track design changes for new and existing Park USA products in conjunction with the Lead Design Engineer.
- Prepare and review project specific CAD drawings.
- Review and assess vendor proposals.
- Develop comprehensive cost estimates for engineered products in collaboration with production and purchasing personnel
- Assist in submittal preparation, submittal approval from Engineer and review production drawings.
- Prepare and review bills of material (BOMs) for SAP material ID, description and quantity accuracy.
- Co-ordinate with operation and resolve any BOM issue during production transactions.
- Communicate with project sales representatives, engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and quality on any design related questions and/or issues.
- Support Engineering team and sales staff as needed
- Keeps the organization’s interest in mind at all times.
- Assist with project work as directed by Engineering Department Manager.
- Comply with all Park USA policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to read, write and speak in English language.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to function in a fast paced growing role and department.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work with sales, engineering, and production teams to turn projects over in a timely manner
- Possess a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to review project plans as needed.
- Help estimate project timelines based on tasks given to help track project efficiency.
- Must be able to assist management with production problems & develop sound solutions.
- Must be able to receive & execute verbal and written instructions and document instructions in organized manner.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering from accredited university.
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a professional environment, manufacturing preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.