General Ledger Accountant
WA - Vancouver (Corporate Office)
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a General Ledger Accountant to join our Northwest Pipe team at our Corporate Headquarters in Vancouver, WA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The General Ledger Accountant has a broad range of corporate accounting responsibilities, including account analysis and reconciliations, monthly journal entries, daily treasury function, and assistance with audits. The General Ledger Accountant will document and update policies and procedures for areas of responsibility, resolve accounting discrepancies, and be cross-trained with the key duties of other team members. Responsibilities also include special projects.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Prepare accounting analysis, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Treasury support functions including daily cash reconciliation, positive pay, and borrowing administration.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Provide assistance with the external financial audit, and internal audits.
- Support the Company’s financial reporting function, including preparation of financial disclosure schedules.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Company policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility. Maintain and update internal control procedures for areas.
- Lead special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong grasp of GAAP and technical accounting experience obtained through either audit or industry experience.
- Familiarity with internal controls.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, monitor workflow to meet critical deadlines and project timetables, and adjust priorities.
- Highly detail oriented and efficient; seeks to continuously build efficiencies in work flows.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Able to work on complex tasks independently, and in a team environment.
- Able to clearly and concisely document workflows into a supportable work product.
- A positive attitude and desire to contribute to the success of the Company.
- BA/BS in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience required.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.