Financial/Special Projects Accountant
WA - Vancouver (Corporate Office)
Director of Finance
Northwest Pipe Company-Corporate
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Financial/Special Projects Accountant to join our Northwest Pipe team in Vancouver, WA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Financial/Special Projects Accountant assists in management of the accounts payable, credit/accounts receivable, general ledger and shared services accounting functions.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage or assist in managing special projects for areas supported, including acquisition integration.
- Research, document and conclude on technical or cross-functional accounting issues for compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Research, document, and prepare accounting entries for non-routine transactions.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, and other work product completed by supported accounting staff.
- Responsible for the monthly close process for areas supported, ensuring work is completed timely and reviewed for accuracy, with review appropriately documented.
- Support annual external audit and quarterly reviews through preparation and review of audit schedules and information provided to auditors.
- Coordinate with financial reporting staff to provide timely and accurate information for inclusion in external financial reporting.
- Understand internal control procedures related to areas managed, and participate in controls documentation, evaluation, and testing.
- Perform selected internal control procedures and document performance.
- Document procedures, policies, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility; assist supported accounting staff in same.
- Specific areas of accounting associated with the position may include: treasury, sales and use tax, insurance, general ledger, credit and accounts receivable, accounts payable and accrued AP, and deferred revenue.
- Cross train and serve as back-up to supported accounting staff.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Financial Accounting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad understanding of GAAP requirements.
- A keen sense of detail/accuracy as well as the ability to see the larger picture.
- Superior organization skills.
- Advanced research and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, plus at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience with internal controls preferred.
- Experience with the monthly accounting close process.
- Experience working with SAP or other major enterprise-wide application.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.