Field Service Engineer
OR - Portland
Get ready to grow with us.
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we are just getting started! Our business is growing, and we are looking for great people to grow with us. We are immediately seeking a Field Service Engineer join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, OR.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D Insurance (1st of month after hire)
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Refreshments
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but also actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Under close supervision, coordinates field installation activities with customers and resolves any questions or concerns that arise at job site. Acts as field liaison between Northwest Pipe and Customer.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Schedules installation activities as it affects Northwest Pipe Materials.
- Handles customer relations at the job site.
- Oversees and assists with questions regarding field fit – up activities.
- Acts as filed liaison between Company, Contractor, Field Inspector and trucking companies.
- Writes field reports.
- Repairs quality issues or damaged goods at the job site.
- Determines corrective actions to resolve problems and minor disputes that arise.
- Delivers rush or missed parts to projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Complete familiarity of engineered systems, use of measurement devices, truck transportation laws.
- Must have good written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills effective enough to maintain good working relationships between customer and company.
- Must have negotiation skills to solve minor disputes that arise to avoid excessive downtime and repair charges assessed by customer.
- Must be familiar with underground construction practices and be familiar with pipe manufacturing standards.
- Must be capable of working independently without regular supervision.
- Computer skills desirable.
- Experienced in reading blue prints, lay scheduled drawings and job specifications is required.
- High school graduate required additional Engineering courses are considered to be helpful.
- Must have several years of general construction knowledge and knowledge of engineered systems.
- Must possess a current driver license and be capable or driving a pick – up truck and trailer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.