Fiberglass Chop Gun Operator I
UT - Orem
Geneva Pipe and Precast
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Fiberglass Chop Gun Operator I to join our Northwest Pipe team in Orem, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The primary responsibilities of this position are to prepare molds, mix resins and gelcoats and operate Chopper Gun/Gelcoat Spray Equipment to apply chop/resin combinations or gelcoat to specific thicknesses and tolerances. The work must be completed according to a master scheduling program, meet all Quality Assurance standards, and be performed safely with limited supervision. The position requires the ability to address process problems as they arise, maintain, clean and troubleshoot the equipment, and participate in laminating as required.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Operator sets molds into spray booth area.
- Operator then proceeds to shoot laminate material evenly and thoroughly on the formed mold.
- Operator must exert great care in this process to make sure laminate thickness is even on every portion of the mold
- Operator must follow posted click count cards to ensure proper fiberglass quantity.
- When this process is completed, Operator must assist rollers by manually rolling the laminate material just applied, ensuring there are no air pockets between laminate and skin, and to provide proper mixing of catalyst and resin.
- When this is completed, Operator then starts the process over with a new mold.
- Between molds, operator must maintain and clean chop gun.
- Must maintain proper working condition of the chopper gun and related equipment.
- Position involves small amounts of paperwork/inventory as required.
- Must maintain daily cleanliness of work area and department and may be required to work in different areas not related to present position.
- Must maintain daily cleanliness of department.
- Ability to work in all environments both outdoors and non-temperature-controlled manufacturing facilities and/or warehouses.
- Must be able to work in a facility that manufactures and/or works with various chemicals and materials such as fiberglass, resin, plastic, dust, glue, primer, foam, etc.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Safe handling and mixing of two-part resin.
- Operate a pneumatic hybrid resin pumping system with chopper applicator.
- Operate a Graco hydraulic reactor spray gun.
- Must wear protective equipment including respirator, paper body suit, gloves, masks, eyewear and ear plugs as required
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, managers, and co-workers
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization
- High School diploma or GED would be preferred
- 1 – 2 Years of using the referenced products and procedures with Fiberglass
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.