TX - Houston
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Estimator Assistant to join our ParkUSA team in Houston, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Interpret plans and construction materials for proposal.
- Identify deviations from the plans, including scope and specifications.
- Enter project updates and proposals.
- Create opportunity for estimating manager, plan expeditor and project manager.
- Assist with the preparation of the start and finish checklists for the project managers.
- Assist with project work as directed by Department Manager
- Comply with all ParkUSA policies, procedures and guidelines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong geometry & math skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to self-manage
- Possess a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years customer service/sales experience.
- Experience reading and interpreting specs, plans and blueprints
- Basic understanding of architectural/engineering, structural drawings and specifications
- Intermediate experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.