TX - Saginaw
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Electrician II to join our Northwest Pipe team in Saginaw, Texas.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time-Off
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
An Electrician II is responsible for installing, servicing and repairing wiring, conduits, fixtures and other electrical devises, systems and equipment in a demanding industrial manufacturing environment. Assists in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts, orders parts required to maintain repair part inventories, and works collaboratively with equipment repair mechanics, production counterparts, and vendors to ensure production work flow. Limited supervision required. May help to direct Level I Electricians in the performance of their duties and provide them on the job training (OJT) as necessary. Performance expected to be at an intermediate to advanced level capacity. Promotion from Electrician I based on criteria determined by management.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment to ensure conformance to building & safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Records and maintains production, repair, and equipment maintenance information for CMMS applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understand to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule format
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance protocols and tools
- Must have the ability to operate the following equipment: Hand tools, stationary equipment, vehicles
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence
- Reading gauges and watching guides
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, multitask and work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to work against and meet deadlines
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Successful completion of apprenticeship program strongly desired
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Electrical License, Plant Journeyman or higher strongly desired
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.