CA - Adelanto
Steel Pressure Pipe
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Electrician I to join our Northwest Pipe team in Adelanto, CA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Electrician services and performs preventive/predictive maintenance on plant electrical systems and equipment.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Follows all safety and company policies / procedures and promotes a safe culture
- Complies with all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and regulations
- 480 V 3 Phase power
- Communicates with operators and observes, test, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Connect power cables to equipment, such as motors and welders.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Install conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test-runs repaired machinery and equipment to verify proper and safe operation.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Records repairs and maintenance performed.
- Calibrate welding machines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PLC experience
- AC + DC Drives
- 4-20 MA
- Must be competent with the use of PC, email, text messaging, internet research, and software based maintenance.
- Evaluate work environment for safe working conditions prior to any work being performed.
- Responsible for Lock-Out and Arc Flash procedures.
- Communicate with the maintenance supervisor, affected employees, plant leadership and maintenance mechanics on downtime, equipment issues, repairs ETA’s, and parts and supply needs.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving department lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives. Fabricates replacement parts for equipment or safety items.
- Must be able to perform Root Cause Analysis exercise on equipment failures, using tools such as 5-whys and cause effect systems.
- Installs power and lighting circuits and repairs distribution circuits.
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understand to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule format
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance protocols and tools
- Must have the ability to operate the following equipment: Hand tools, stationary equipment, vehicles
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and correspondence
- Reading gauges and watching guides
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, multitask and work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to work against and meet deadlines
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Successful completion of apprenticeship program strongly desired.
Certificates, License, Registrations
- Electrical License, Plant Journeyman or higher strongly desired
ELECTRICIAN I – under regular supervision an Electrician I is responsible for installing, servicing and repairing wiring, conduits, fixtures and other electrical devises, systems and equipment in a demanding industrial manufacturing environment. Assists in the departmental housekeeping and safety efforts, orders parts required to maintain repair part inventories, and works collaboratively with equipment repair mechanics, production counterparts, and vendors to ensure production work flow. Performance expected to be at an entry level capacity.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.