Corporate Services Manager
WA - Vancouver (Corporate Office)
Director of Financial Accounting
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Corporate Services Manager to join our Northwest Pipe team in Vancouver, WA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Corporate Services Manager oversees the Company’s accounts payable, credit/account receivables, and shared services accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, and other work product completed by supervised accounting staff.
- Responsible for the monthly close process for areas managed, ensuring work is completed timely and reviewed for accuracy, with review appropriately documented.
- Research, document, and prepare accounting entries for non-routine transactions.
- Support special projects for areas managed.
- Support annual external audit and quarterly reviews through preparation and review of audit schedules and information provided to auditors.
- Coordinate with financial reporting staff to provide timely and accurate information for inclusion in external financial reporting.
- Understand internal control procedures related to areas managed and participate in controls documentation, evaluation, and testing.
- Perform selected internal control procedures and document procedure performance.
- Document procedures, policies, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Establish challenging goals, direct actions to achieve goals, and mentor staff.
- Specific areas of accounting associated with the position may include: treasury, sales & use tax, insurance, general ledger, credit & accounts receivable, accounts payable & accrued AP, and deferred revenue.
- Cross train supervised accounting staff and backup staff not in attendance.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Financial Accounting.
- This position typically operates within established parameters, but has decision making authority related to accounting treatment of non-routine transactions, identification, and determination of items for follow-up; establishing guidelines with direct reports.
- The Corporate Services Manager supervises these positions:
- Accounts Payable Manager
- Corporate Credit Manager
- Shared Services GL Accountant
- Types of interactions are in-person discussions and meetings, phone calls, and emails.
- Daily interaction with other members of the finance team.
- Moderate interaction with Operations, Human Resources, and Senior Management.
- Occasional interaction with external auditors and professional service providers.
- Interaction typically relates to routine and non-routine transactions or compliance requirements of moderate to high complexity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- A keen sense of detail/accuracy as well as the ability to see the larger picture.
- Superior organization skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, plus at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with internal controls preferred.
- Experience with the monthly accounting close process.
- Experience working with SAP or other major enterprise-wide application.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- A CPA is preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require working outside of standard office hours, weekend, or evening work.
Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Standing/Sit: Remaining upright in a stationary position, particularly for sustained periods.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling to complete computer work.
Up to 2/3 of the time:
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Communicating: Expressing or exchanging ideas and information accurately, in written or diagram form.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Reaching: Grabbing things from a distance above or from the side.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects, including the human body.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection involving small defects at distances close to the eyes.
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Worker is required to have close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Less than 1/3 of the time:
- Worker is required to have color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Over 2/3 of the time:
- Quiet conditions (examples: library, private office)
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require working outside of standard office hours, weekend or evening work, and travel outside to field locations to complete essential duties of this job.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.