Concrete Batch Plant Operator
UT - St. George
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Batch Plant Operator to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in St. George, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Responsibility is to fully operate, maintain and oversee all duties in regards to the mixer. Person will be in charge of ensuring mix designs are consistent and meeting requirements.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Basic Maintenance of the Mixer/Batch Plant
- Daily inspections and adjustments to mixer according to Mixer Manufactures operator’s manual
- Maintain cartridges in baghouse that they are clean and functioning properly
- Fill out and maintain proper paperwork of inspections and Maintenance reports
- Daily cook off of aggregates
- Adjustment and calibration of Mixer moisture probe or viscosity meter
- Daily housekeeping and upkeep of Batch Plant including mixer, weigh belt, main agg belt and grizzly pit etc.
- Ordering and maintaining proper inventory levels of all aggregates
- Ordering and maintaining proper inventory levels of all admixtures
- Ordering and maintaining proper inventory levels of cement and flyash
- Batch consistent concrete for production on time when needed
- Make concrete cylinders and store properly as per ACI Field Testing manual
- Clean Mixer after last batch of concrete delivered
- Make sure batch tickets and daily production totals are printed and kept on file if not stored in batch computer
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Past experience working with mixing equipment.
- Experience working with concrete would be preferred, not required
- High school degree or GED
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.