Coating & Lining Supervisor
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Coating and Lining Supervisor to join our Northwest Pipe team in Portland, Oregon.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time-Off
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Coating and Lining Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the Coating and Lining and shipping of welded steel pipe products.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Directs and assists workers in production and diagnosing problems associated with the coating & lining and shipping of welded steel pipe products.
- Schedules and estimates worker requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Maintains and promotes company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations including ISO quality systems, Lean Manufacturing Principals and the company safety program.
- Establishes, adjusts, recommends, and improves production methods, procedures, and equipment performance to ensure production schedules and quality of product.
- Manages day to day hazardous waste activities for the coating & lining department.
Education / Experience
- Four year college degree related to manufacturing or business management preferred or a minimum of five years manufacturing experience preferably in a management role.
- Hazardous waste training and a minimum of one year of experience working with hazardous waste movement in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with lean manufacturing preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Confined space training preferred.
- Supervisory training preferred.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.