Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a C&L Operator to join our Northwest Pipe team in Saginaw, Texas.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The C&L Operator (Ringer) is primarily responsible for prepping pipe and cement finishing of pipe in the coating and lining department. Under ongoing supervision, installs and removes rings from product, applies cement patch, load and unload pipe, mixes raw materials, grind product, and modify product.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Helps load materials and equipment safely and efficiently on vehicles.
- Helps unload materials and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Helps move product, materials, and equipment safely.
- Installs and removes rings on pipe.
- Ensures rings are inspected and maintained properly.
- Prepares vehicles and equipment for loads.
- Mixes cement and prepares material for patchwork.
- Performs cement labor as needed by the lead person and/or supervisor.
- Ensures ISO procedures are performed correctly.
- Follows all safety and company policies/procedures and promotes a safe culture
- Prepares pipe for coating.
- Finishes cement.
- Counts and marks all materials.
- Inspects pipe before and after pipe is coated and or lined.
- Performs other duties as needed by the supervisor and/or department team lead.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have the ability to maintain crane certification.
- Must be able to operate a large industrial forklift, skip loader/grader equipment safely.
- Ability to use handheld radios for communicating.
- Reading gauges and watching guides.
- Ability to read preventive maintenance forms, instruction manuals, pipe numbers, markings, tape measure, simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to calculate peak and rigging loads.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.