UT - Salt Lake City
Geneva Pipe and Precast
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a CDL Driver to join our Geneva Pipe team in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Perform a variety of routine and complex work in hauling large concrete products on flatbed trailers throughout Utah.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- This work includes loading heavy concrete products onto a flatbed truck by forklift
- Valid Commercial Driver License – Class A
- Effectively tying down each load
- Must be able to run a crane truck
- Transporting the loads to a variety of job sites, environments, and assisting contractors with unloading as needed
- Duties also include reading job tickets and communicating with the plant dispatcher by radio
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be at least 21 years’ old
- A clean driving record and no moving violations within the past three years
- One-year relevant hauling experience preferred
- Experience placing heavy loads on a flatbed truck using a forklift
- Experience tying down loads on a flatbed in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, managers, and co-workers
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- High School diploma or GED would be preferred
- Must be able to drive 18 speed standard transmission
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.