Cage Maker-2nd Shift ($1,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Cage Maker (2nd Shift) to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in Orem, Utah. This position comes with a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Cage Maker builds different configurations of reinforcement for the production of dry-cast and wet-cast concrete products.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Uses bolt cutters and rebar cutter and bender to cut and bend reinforcement steel to the proper size and shape for production.
- Reads and interprets shop drawings/blueprints and produces finished reinforcement according to the drawings.
- Welds and/or wire ties varying types of reinforcement to build finished cages.
- Uses mandrel machine to build reducing cone and manhole riser reinforcement of different styles.
- Uses mesh rolls to build cages of varying diameters.
- Builds catch basin frames of different sizes and styles.
- Takes a weekly inventory of all reinforcement and other supplies necessary for continuous uninterrupted reinforcement production.
- Reviews the weekly production schedule and fabricates reinforcement and catch basin frames to satisfy all production needs.
- Follow all safety rules and report any unsafe conditions to the Leads or supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Past experience working with hand tools, saws, air tools, grinders.
- Experience working with concrete would be preferred, not required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.