Administrative Will Call Assistant
St. George, UT
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking an Administrative Will Call Assistant to join our Geneva Pipe and Precast team in St. George, Utah.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Administrative Will Call Assistant is a professional position. This person will assist key areas of our operation, namely: Sales and Dispatch. They are asked to perform tasks and duties designed to assist each area of operation to perform more efficiently.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Respond to and routes all incoming phone calls with high accuracy in a manner that demonstrates Northwest Pipe’s culture, values, image, and client service expectations.
- Greet all visitors promptly upon arrival, welcomes them, signs them in, and notifies the appropriate staff member.
- Assist with the invoicing and Purchase Order process.
- Provide assistance to customers by creating invoice tickets for purchases.
- Accurately complete Pick and Delivery tickets.
- Learn the products and understand the yard layout in order to provide timely and accurate information to customers either on the phone or when they come to facility to pick up products.
- Track and maintain acceptable levels of inventory of stock resale items, which include but are not limited to: gaskets, boots, snouts, fabric, steps, grout, cast iron, and mastic.
- Maintain appropriate levels of PPE and other items – order as necessary to meet production needs.
- Responsible for receiving items, supplies, PPE, Consumables, etcetera by ensuring paperwork is correct and data entered for processing.
- Follow up and through with any discrepancies on the receiving or invoicing of paperwork.
- Assist with recruitment forms and job postings.
- Assist the Office Manager with compliance items for CDL drivers regarding pre and new hire certifications, maintenance of license, and physicals.
- Supports the HR Generalists with required leave of absence (LOA) paperwork, LOA benefit payments, and COBRA administration for plant employees.
- Organize, maintain, and file personnel, training, safety, and general records.
- Assist with new hire onboarding process and initiate trainings.
- Assist the Safety & Environmental Manager with workers’ compensation claims files.
- Assist employees with UKG questions and/or login issues.
- Update postings and notifications on the bulletin boards.
- Assist walk-ins with the kiosk (login to our kiosk so they can complete job applications).
- Separate mail and distribute to appropriate personnel within a timely manner.
- Assist with management of office supplies and stock.
- Assist with copying and scanning as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and computer systems.
- Basic math skills: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, and calculate percentages.
- Possess the ability to effectively work with varying personality styles and maintain a sense of humor.
- Able to properly use phone system and route calls as needed.
- Must be agile and able to change directions easily and professionally.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) helpful.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient with computers and software packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, and Kronos.
- One to three years of administrative/entry-level experience. Interest or experience in Human Resources is preferred.
- Experience in HRIS platforms such as Kronos or SAP is preferred.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.