Accounts Payable Specialist I
Corporate Office - Vancouver, WA
Accounts Payable Manager
Open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist I to join our Northwest Pipe team at our Corporate Headquarters in Vancouver, Washington.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
The Accounts Payable Specialist I performs a range of duties in the accounts payable department, including processing of invoices and vendors payments, resolution of discrepancies, and responding to vendor and internal customer inquiries.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Sort and distribute incoming invoices, statements, and other correspondence.
- Review invoices for appropriate accounting coding, including profit and/or cost center coding, and approvals.
- Follow up with purchasing or plant personnel to timely resolve discrepancies, such as coding, approvals, and/or purchase order and goods receipt differences.
- Review invoices for sales and/or use tax status, and select parameters accordingly.
- Input invoices in SAP, including all necessary data and available prompt pay discounts. During invoice entry, verify all data fields are correct before posting the transaction.
- Maintain timely entry of vendor invoices, particularly at month ends.
- Process weekly check runs, periodic urgent check runs, VISA payment batches, and wire clearings.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation for invoices, approvals, payments, and other transactions.
- Reconcile vendor statements, working with vendor staff to timely resolve discrepancies.
- Provide superior customer service in responding to inquiries from vendors and internal customers.
- Ongoing analysis of open GRIR activity; work with purchasing and plant personnel to resolve discrepancies; forward items for clearing to the Accounts Payable Manager after resolution.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform data entry with reasonable speed and high accuracy.
- Superior organization skills, including the ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with SAP or other major enterprise-wide application is preferred.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in the Accounts Payable department of a mid to large size company.
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.