TX - San Antonio
open until filled
Get ready to grow with us!
Northwest Pipe Company is the nation’s leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products and with over 50 years of experience, we’re just getting started! Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to grow with us. We’re immediately seeking a Buyer to join our ParkUSA team in San Antonio, TX.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential (2x per year)
- Up to $5,000 per year Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Footwear and Eyewear Voucher (Day 1 of Employment)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Accountability is evident when we do what we say we are going to do and people accept responsibility for their actions. We do not point fingers and blame others. We own our actions.
- Commitment is not only promising to do something, but actually investing in the necessary effort and actions to make it happen.
- Teamwork is essential for competing in a challenging and constantly changing business environment. Working together across all job functions is critical to achieving our success.
About the Job
Responsible for procurement and vendor management for the local ParkUSA Plant Operation. Maintain professional relationships with a variety of vendors, in order to purchase products or services at the best possible prices. Maintain up to date vendor records and purchase order records, and follows all company policies and directives.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities
- Processes requisitions for MRO, RFQ and Raw Material items and administrates purchase orders.
- Follows Corporate Policy for New Vendor Setup and Vendor maintenance.
- At some level she communicates and coordinates material and component delivery with appropriate departments.
- Checks back orders, expedites delivery of orders, and maintains current status of purchase orders.
- Follow up on in-house processing of purchase orders to include goods receipts and invoice verification. Works with AP to resolve GR/IR Issues.
- Maintains an up to date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure access to accurate information. Creates Monthly Expense Reporting for review.
- Helps maintain and track inventory.
- Supplies pricing to Sales/Estimating for major materials prior to Bid.
- Familiar with Company procedures related to purchasing and executes daily business accordingly.
- Participates in appropriate training (SAP) and educational opportunities to stay abreast of changes.
- Assist Corporate Purchasing and follows Corporate Directives and Policies for the purchasing area.
- Supports Operations and Sales departments in administrative tasks as needed
- Completes special projects and reports as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, individuals must demonstrate:
- Basic math skills: Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide and percentages
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers and the general public.
- Possess the ability to effectively work with varying personality styles and maintain a sense of humor.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- Agility and able to change directions easily and professionally.
- Intermediate skills working with computers and software packages such as, Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with clarity and professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- College and/or at least 2 years working in a manufacturing organization.
- 3 years of purchasing experience
- 2 years of logistic experience
- Proficient with Acctivate
- Experience using SAP in a manufacturing environment preferred
Full list of anticipated physical demands for this position and detail on our work environment is available on our application portal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our organization maintains a drug-free workplace. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successful passing of a drug test and background check.
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Northwest Pipe Company reserves the right to close the position, with or without notice, if a qualified candidate is identified prior to the close date.
Sounds Like You?
Click the link below to apply online.