We measure quality not only by the strength and longevity of our pipe and tube but also by how easily customers can obtain and install our products. . That’s why Northwest Pipe’s ISO-certified manufacturing plants are in readily accessible locations across the country and staff by highly trained and dedicated teams.
Among the typical pipe and tube quality tests we conduct are:
- Ultrasonic examination per AWS D1.1, ASME Section 5, API 5L & 5CT, and ASTM E273
- Radiographic and radioscopic examination per AWS D1.1, ASME Section 5, API 5L, API 1104, ASTM E94, ASTM E1416 and ASTM E1255, CSA Z245.1 and CSA Z662
- Magnetic Particle examination per AWS D1.1, ASME Section 5, and ASTM E709
- Liquid Penetrant examination per AWS D1.1, ASME Section 5, and ASTM E165
- Eddy Current examination per API 5L & 5CT, and ASTM E309
- Visual examination per ASME Section 5 , AWS D1.1 , CSA Z245.1 and CSA Z662.
- Concrete compression testing per ASTM C39
- Sand Sieve analysis per ASTM C33
- Coal Tar Penetration testing per ASTM D5
- Concrete Absorption testing per ASTM C497
- Microhardness testing per ASTM E384, API 5L, API 5CT, and CSA Z245.1
- Charpy Impact testing per ASTM A370, ASTM E23, API 5L, API 5CT, and CSA Z245.1
- Tension and Guided Bend testing per ASTM A370 & E8
- Leak testing per ASTM E515
- Untempered martensite inspection per API 5L and API 5CT
- Spectrographic product chemical analysis per ASTM A751, API 5L, API 5CT & CSA Z245.1
We not only help customers select and specify the most useful pipe, linings, coatings and connections but, for our custom products, provide experienced field representatives to support installation. And, to help stay abreast of the latest and best customer options, we help manufacturers field-test new linings and coatings.